Play audio by clicking arrow on left-hand of bar above
A fascinating tour through time around St Mary’s Flower Gardens bringing to life the allure of a hidden pond to a group of kids.
Duration: 10:08 (time shown in minutes)
- 0:00 Introductory music by Camille Saint Saens – Carnaval des animaux – XII Fossiles by Aitua on the Free Music Archive.
- 0:17 Introduction to Peter, a resident of Prestwich
- 1:00 St Mary’s flower gardens. What was here in the past? How did it influence your childhood? (1:15 sound of sirens)
- 2:00 Gang of kids (2:20 cheap joke about mobiles!)
- 2:30 What was Old Ma Bentley’s?
- 4:10 What was the appeal of the place to a young child? Pond with frogs, newts, tadpoles and diving beetles.
- 6:10 What is a Clough?
- 7:00 The effect of the motorway.
- 8:00 Thanks for Peter’s reflections
- 9:25 Closing music by Camille Saint Saens – Carnaval des animaux – XII Fossiles by Aitua on the Free Music Archive.